August 27, 2014
When it comes to a Hollywood red carpet-laden night of glitz and glam, two things come to mind – best dressed and best hair! Here at SalonCapri, we know that the secret to pulling a perfect red carpet look together is all about the mane and this year’s Emmy awards were chock full of some seriously stylish dames sporting hairstyles ranging from glitzy glamour to casual chic.
Sarah Hayland’s Top Knotch Top Knot
- Start with Shu Uemura Shusu Sleek Smoothing Shampoo to ensure hair is smooth and soft and to achieve a frizz-free look. Blow dry with a ceramic brush.
- Using a fine-toothed comb, gather hair into a tight ponytail on top of head and secure with a clear hair elastic.
- Next, take 1 inch sections of hair and tease (or backcomb) the tail towards the top of your head. Keep in mind that the more you tease, the messier and fuller your knot will appear!
- Gather the entire ponytail with both hands and twist. Then, wrap twisted ponytail loosely around hair tie, creating the knot. Tuck the end beneath the clear elastic and secure stray strands with bobby pins.
- Finish by lightly misting your style with L’Oréal Professionnel Freezing Mist to ensure shine and support all day long.
Hayden Panettiere’s Embellished Headband Updo
- Apply L’Oréal Professionel True Grip Texturizing Powder throughout hair for extra hold and texture.
- Curl hair section by section with a 1 ½ inch tapered curling iron and set curls with a light coat of hairspray.
- Using a comb, part hair to the side and pull back into a ponytail off to the side of the head, leaving a small section of hair out in the front.
- Twist the ponytail up into a loose, mid-level bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Place headband in hair and set with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray.