November 17, 2014
If there’s one girl who can pull off the perfect low-maintenance messy braid while simultaneously looking fearless and fierce, it’s our favorite lady-warrior, Katniss Everdeen! With the latest installment of the Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 premiering this week, the team at SalonCapri has got nothing but big-screen styles on the brain, and with so many trendsetting characters like Katniss, Johanna, and Prim, we know we’re in for some top-notch looks. To get you into the Hunger Games mindset for the weekend premier, we asked SalonCapri Senior Stylist Graziella Lembo to help us get the essential Mockingjay-inspired messy braid at home!
Twisted Katniss Braid
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Texturizing Powder and backcomb the roots to thicken hair and add volume.
2. Take large sections from either side of the upper front, twist tightly, and pull them away from the face. Secure into a ponytail at the back of the head with a clear tie.
3. Take sections from either side of the lower front (behind the ears), twist tightly and secure into the ponytail.
4. Taking the ponytail, braid to the end of the hair. Secure with a clear tie.
5. Lightly pull apart the braid for a tousled look and spray over with Kérastase Resistance Double Force.
We’re giving away 2 tickets to a showing of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 which premiers this Thursday at Showcase Cinema de Lux Legacy Place in Dedham! Visit our Instagram page for your chance to win!