October 1, 2014
With Boston Fashion Week less than a week away, we’re counting down the days with a couple of our favorite looks inspired by our Top Hair Trends from NYFW S/S 2015! Don’t’ get us wrong, we live for the tricky cuts and creative new coloring techniques but sometimes simple can be sublime, especially when it comes to your morning styling routine! That’s why we had our stylists recreate two fairly simple styles, complete with step-by-step styling instructions, product recs and insider tips, so you can take these ravishing looks from the runway to the real world in a few easy steps!
Suno-inspired Herringbone or “Lace” Braid
- Apply Kérastase Forme Fatale and brush hair backwards off the face.
- Grab small sections of hair from the left and right sides of the head and hold in the center of the back of the head with a third section taken from the center.
- Place the left strand over the center section and then the right strand over the center section. Each time, take a small strand from the front of the face, combine it with left strand or right strand, and place it over the center section. The key is to never pick up hair from the middle – it gives the braid that unusual look!
- Continue this lace braid technique until it reaches the nape of the neck, and then switch to a traditional braid. Secure on bottom with small elastic.
Thakoon-inspired Chain Link Knot
- Apply Kérastase Forme Fatale and L’Oréal Professionnel Gelée Cashmere anti-frizz styling gel for a defined texture and slick shine.
- Brush hair straight back from forehead to ends, smoothing with hands as you go.
- Grab small pieces from left and right side of head, directly above the ears and twist towards the back of the head.
- Tie both strands into a knot in the center. Tie two more knots in a row and let the ends hang.
- Secure knot with a light spritz of hairspray.
Tip: For a more intricate and secure knot a small stitch can be with a needle and thread using SalonCapri’s hair-stitching technique!
Tried one of our runway-to-real-world recreations? We want to see! Tag a photo of your style (use the hashtag #SalonCapri) for a chance to be featured on our Social Feed!