November 30, 2015
When it comes to holiday hair, nothing says festive fun like gorgeous embellishments. That’s why we’re loving this easy, yet glamorous, holiday headband look (with extra volume!), created by Newbury St. stylist, Caitlin Young. She gave us the inside scoop on how to get this look at home.
Elegant Holiday Headband
1. Using a boar bristle teasing brush, tease hair from underneath right at the crown of the head for added volume. Spray generously with a flexible hold hairspray like Kérastase Laque Dentelle.
2. Taking 1 inch sections, curl hair with curling iron until entire head is curled.
3. Spray curls with Kérastase Laque Dentelle and brush through curls with a paddle brush to create soft waves.
4. Re-tease the hair at the crown which may have gone flat from curling or brushing.
5. Gently place headband directly in front of teased section, so the all of the teased volume is at the back of the head.
6. Spray with finishing spray and you’re good to go!