December 8, 2014
Twinkling lights, snow-covered streets, and holiday Starbucks cups can only mean one thing – winter in New England! With Christmas just around the corner, it’s time to think about which holiday hairstyles will keep you looking cool and classy at all of those holiday get-togethers you’re bound to be logging into your agenda this season.
Lucky for you, we challenged our savvy senior stylists, Graziella Lembo and Caitlin Young, to create the perfect looks for EVERY occasion! Whether you’re fretting over a glitzy holiday gala, casual office get-together, festive family shindig or New Year’s Eve bash, our glamorous looks will help you close out the 2014 holiday season with a bang!
For the Conservative Christmas Cocktail Party: Ornamental Bun
- Apply L’Oréal Professionel True Grip Texturizing Powder throughout hair for extra hold.
- Brush hair back into a sleek, low ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Flip the bottom of the ponytail over the top where it was secured, and pin with bobby pins to create the bun. Set the look with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray and L’Oréal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist.
For the NYE’s Sparkles and Champagne Soiree: Silver Bells Headband
- Curl hair with 1 ½ inch tapered curling iron and set curls with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray.
- Using a comb, part hair to the side and pull back into a low ponytail off to the side of the head. Leave a small section of hair out in the front.
- Twist the ponytail up into a low, loose bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Pin pack hair from the front that was left out to create a side-swept look.
- Place headband in hair and set with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray.
For a First Date Fête or Casual Christmas Affair: Twisted Holiday Pin-Back
- Take 1-inch sections of hair and curl with a 1 ½ inch barrel curling iron. Spray curls with Kérastase Laque Noire hairspray for strong hold.
- Gather hair at the crown of head and lightly tease with a comb, then twist hair back and secure with bobby pins in back of head.
- Gently brush through curls to loosen them up. Finish the look by spraying L’Oréal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist for shine throughout.
For Office Holiday Festivities: Twinkly Lights Updo
- Brush hair up into a high, sleek ponytail.
- Twist ponytail into a bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Insert jeweled clip at crown of head into the bun or below bun in the back.
- Set with Kerastase Double Force Controle Ultime hairspray for strong hold.
Love our looks but longing for a little help from our team of holiday hair pros? Call any of our locations to reserve holiday hair styling appointment today!