October 20, 2014
With Halloween a little more than a week away, it’s time to crack down on your costume! And whether you’re thinking flapper, considering a classic character, or leaning toward something celeb-inspired, there’s no doubt that your hair will be an important element of your Halloween look.
Unfortunately, some of us struggle with mastering those Minnie Mouse messy buns, Rosie the Riveter victory curls, and Greek Goddess ringlets. But, lucky for you, whether you’re thinking sexy or scary, SalonCapri has your Halloween hair covered.
This year, we’re really digging the retro looks. When else is it acceptable to dress like Betty Boop or our favorite Mad Men characters? With the help of SalonCapri Senior Stylist Graziella Lembo, we recreated our favorite pinup look for this Halloween!
Pinup Halloween Look
- Apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Texturizing Powder at the roots to thicken hair and add volume.
- Apply a small amount of Kerastase Fiber Architecte to ends to create a sleek structure.
- Part hair to the side and set aside a small section of hair at the front. Using a thin flat iron, curl the rest of the hair in sections.
- Grab a small section of hair, backcomb the roots and spray with hair spray, then twist the end into a pin curl and secure it around the bun with pins.
- Repeat with all sections of the hair. When working on the top and side sections of hair, push the hair forward into a bump or “beehive look” and continue to twist the ends into pin curls and pin them back to the bun.
- Take the front section of hair that was set aside and curl with a curling iron. Tease the roots and spray with hairspray. Secure into a victory curl.
Tried our pinup hair recreation? We want to see! Tag a photo of your style (use the hashtag #SalonCapri) for a chance to be featured on our Social Feed!