September 3, 2014
The days are getting cooler, the leaves more colorful and fall is slowly creeping its way into this seemingly endless summer. We don’t like it any more than you but, let’s face it: it’s time to retire those summer slip-on sandals, put down the sea salt spray and bid those beachy waves (that you finally perfected!) goodbye until summer 2015. Letting go of summer styles can be tough but, if there’s one thing that makes the summer to fall transition easier to accept, it’s Fall Fashion Week!
Here at SalonCapri, we adore effortless beach waves, pool-to-party updos and summer sun rescue masks but there is nothing quite like fierce fall hairstyles to give you some skip in your step as things cool down. Not sure what en-vogue look will be gracing your strands this season? Senior Stylist Graziella Lembo of our Boston Salon has recreated her top hair trends for the season from some of 2014’s hottest runway shows. Read on for her first-hand pro styling tips, how-to’s and product recos for each of these fall-friendly styles and get ready to strut into September!
Jason Wu Bobby Pin Bun
- Loosely comb hair to the side, without creating a defined part, and secure in a low ponytail above the nape of the neck. Use L’Oréal Professionnel Freezing Mist Hard Hold Finishing Spray for hold if needed.
- Take ½ inch pieces of hair and pin up above and around the ponytail at random to create a secured bun look, intertwining and overlapping hair wherever.
- Insert additional pins as needed and spray with hairspray for extra hold.
- Apply L’Oréal Professional Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist all over hair to finish off the look.
Noon by Noor Poof Pony
- Apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Texturizing Powder throughout hair for hold all over and apply Kérastase Elixir Ultime Oil to crown of hair.
- Comb hair into a sleek, side part, using L’Oréal Professionnel Freezing Mist Hard Hold Finishing Spray to hold. Secure with an elastic into a low ponytail.
- Take a ½ inch section of hair from the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic and secure with bobby pins.
- Using a brush, tease the entire ponytail. Spray with hairspray to hold the tease and look. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist all over hair to finish off the look.
Valentino Bubble Pony
- Begin by separating hair into two small, sleek ponytails. Using a comb and L’Oréal Professionnel Freezing Mist Hard Hold Finishing Spray, pull hair from behind the ears up and into a ponytail. Gather hair from the middle of the head and secure a second sleek ponytail.
- Using a comb, lightly tease each ponytail until desired volume is achieved.
- Combine the tease of the top ponytail to the middle ponytail and secure with an elastic.
- Use clear or colored elastic to secure bubbles of hair in increments down the length of the tail.
- Finish with a touch of hairspray.
Marc Jacobs Sleek Gym Chic
- Apply Kérastase Fibre Architecte all over hair to seal ends and create high shine and gloss.
- Using a flat iron, take small sections of hair and straighten to get a super sleek look.
- Comb Kérastase Elixir Ultime Oil throughout hair to smooth down the look.
- Place a cotton headband onto head and have it slightly cover the ears. Then using a comb, create a center part.
- Spray with L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist to finish off the look.
Stay tuned for our top trends recreations from NYFW 2015!
Tried one of our fabulous fall looks? We want to see! Tag a photo of yourself from your latest at home styling session with #SalonCapri on Instagram for a chance to be featured on our Social Feed!