February 14, 2014
Are you over these arctic vortexes as much as we are? Luckily, spring is on its way; we’re looking forward to the flowers, sunshine and, of course, the fresh new hairstyles! Our savvy stylists at SalonCapri all agree that spring is the perfect time to update your look in celebration of the upcoming warm weather and new wardrobe options (time to give your fur-trimmed puffer jackets a much-needed rest!). In need of some hairspiration to get you started? SalonCapri Senior Stylist Graziella Lembo is lighting up the longer days with these looks and how-to’s inspired by the best styles from New York Fashion Week’s Spring/Summer 2014 runways!
Which look will you try once spring has sprung?
The Curtain Braid
How to get the look:
- Comb through dry hair thoroughly, removing all tangles. Use a flat iron to achieve stick-straight locks and apply Kérastase Resistance Fibre Architecte evenly throughout to ensure long-lasting hold and smoothness.
- Part hair over the left eyebrow. Grab a 1” deep section of hair from the lesser side and begin an outside french braid. Continue braiding along the curvature of the hairline until you reach the back of ear. Transition to a regular braid. Secure braid with clear hair elastic at the bottom.
- Pull a 2” section of hair on dominant side across forehead. Tuck behind ear.
- Drape braid around back of head, looping underneath loose hair and secure with bobby pins. Finish with Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray for a weightless, long-lasting hold.
The Mermaid Tail
How to get the look:
- Prep roots with L’Oreal Professonnel True Grip Texturizing Powder.
- Begin by loosely braiding one or two small sections behind ear. Next, twist the main portion of hair, and pin to the back of the head. Make sure to add volume to crown of head by backcombing, and gently tugging upwards with a fine-tooth comb.
- Loosely braid hair, incorporating the one or two tight braids you created. To create a messier look, gently pull sections of hair out to hang loose.
- Secure bottom with elastic. Finish with a coat of Shu Uemura Sheer Lacquer Finishing Spray.
Try out one of our looks? We want to see! Tweet us a pic to @SalonCapri!