May 14, 2014
Sun, sand, surf and seriously chic (and simple!) hairstyles can only mean one thing – summer in the city! Now that our favorite season has swept in with warm weather, sunshine and humid nights, it’s time to rethink your hairstyle strategy for all of those delightful daytime beach trips, pool parties and humid summer cookouts you’re bound to be logging into your calendar this season.
Now, we can all agree that natural beach waves are nice, but the perfect, prep-free windblown coif is also something short of a miracle (unless your name happens to be Gisele). That’s why we worked with senior stylist Graziella Lembo of our Boston location to create the perfect low maintenance summer styles that can effortlessly take you from pool-to-party, beach-to-bar or day shopping with the girls to a date night with your man!
Luxe Low Loop Knot
- Begin with wet hair and use a comb to create a smooth, symmetrical center part. Spray Kerastase Double Force all over hair and gently smooth down any flyaways.
- Work Shu Uemura Cotton Uzu through the ends of hair to creates shine and pull your back hair into a low ponytail.
- Take a 1-inch section of hair and wrap it around the elastic, securing with a bobby pin. With the remaining hair, loop up and tuck ends into the elastic. Take the ends of the loop and wrap around the elastic, securing with bobby pins. Finish with hairspray to create a lasting hold!
“Bedhead-to-Beach” Faux Bob Fishtail
- Using a 1-inch curling wand, take small sections of hair and create loose beachy waves.
- Once waves have cooled, gently loosen and separate waves by running fingers through hair from root to ends.
- Taking the top section of hair, pull back bangs and create a cascading side fishtail braid down one side of your head.
- Using bobby pins, pin waves up and under to create a faux bob and secure the look with Kerastase Double Force
Textured & Tousled Beach Waves
- Start the look with your fresh-from-the-beach waves or, if you have freshly washed hair, spritz strands with a salt water solution for texture.
- Next, spray Kerastase Double Force throughout dry hair and create a deep side part.
- On the shorter side of your part, pull back your hair and secure with a bobby pin. Secure with hairspray and use a curling wand to tame any flyaway pieces.
“Pool To Party” Wrap Bun
- A perfect look after a dip in the pool, begin with your hair wet and create a low ponytail.
- Taking your favorite hair scarf, silk ribbon or handbag twilly, use a bobby pin to secure one end to the elastic. Twist your hair around the scarf and wrap hair up in a bun.
- Secure the look with bobby pins and finish with Kerastase Double Force for hold and shine!
Tried one of our simply stunning summer looks? We want to see! Tweet us a pic to @SalonCapri!