June 5, 2014
We don’t know about you, but we can’t stop praising the beautiful and seemingly effortless styles of one of our favorite celebrity starlets: the breathtaking Blake Lively! Known for her parade of trendy braids, cascading waves and an occasional sexy-sophisticate updo, Blake’s perfectly imperfect hairstyles are always a sight to behold – so can you blame us for wanting to recreate her styles all summer long?
Senior stylist and celeb hairstyle extraordinaire, Graziella Lembo, recreated Blake’s much-talked-about Cannes 2014 red carpet styles and shares her how-tos, product recs and insider tips on how to DIY these dazzling ‘dos at home!
We’ve also got a secret to spill: we don’t mean to brag, but we heard from a little bird that Blake’s personal hairstylist from the hit show Gossip Girl, Jennifer Johnson, also uses our stylists’ go-to Kérastase and L’Oréal Professionnel product lines on Lively’s silver screen styles!
Blake’s Covetous Textured Braid (as also seen on SheKnows here):
- Start with dry hair and apply a light coating of L’Oréal Professionnel Texture Expert Freezing Mist to the crown area of the head.
- Using a brush, pull hair back into a medium height ponytail, smoothing flyaways with L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist Hairspray. Secure pony with a thick, hair-colored elastic.
- Take a 1-inch section from the tail and wrap around the elastic to conceal, securing with a bobby pin.
- Next, working with the tail, add L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Finishing Texturizing Powder from elastic to ends to achieve a tousled and volumized texture. Tease tail for additional volume and texture where needed.
- Braid tail loosely, pulling apart gently as you go and secure end with a clear elastic.
- Finalize the look with a light coat of L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer.
Blake’s Tremendously Tousled Waves:
- This look works on clean damp strands as well as beachy or unwashed hair for a bit of added texture.
- Spritz roots with a texturizing spray such as Kérastase Spray à Porter Beach Texture Spray and blow-dry roots to create volume.
- Separate hair into 1-inch sections and use a 1-2 inch curling iron to curl each section until the entire head is done.
- Once your curls are fully cooled, comb through hair gently with fingers to loosen ringlets.
- For some added texture and a little va-va-voom, Graziella dusts L’Oréal True Grip Texturizing Powder on roots.
- Finish the look with a spritz of Kérastase Laque Couture Finishing Spray for hold and voila! Red carpet ready!
Planning to try one of Blake Lively’s hairstyles this summer? We want to see! Tweet us a pic to @SalonCapri!