June 11, 2015
With the warm weather finally here, we’ve got one thing on our mind – the beach! Unfortunately, when it comes to sun filled days by the water, our delicate tresses don’t take kindly to the heat, sun, and sand. Whether it’s a day trip to The Cape or a season long stay by the seaside, we got our stylists to give us their top products and accessories for protecting, moisturizing and mending your mane!
1. All-day UV Protection: While sun-kissed highlights from a day at the beach can look great, the damage from the UV rays might not! Our stylists love Shu Uemura’s Essence Absolue, which rebalances the moisture level of dried out locks. The soft-sleek velvety oil creates a supple touch with high shine and provides UV protection, keeping your color radiant all summer long!
2. Heat & Styling Protectant: One thing’s for sure, blowouts do last longer when they aren’t being whipped around by winter winds. If your styling sessions get more frequent during the summer season, make sure to protect your hair with a product like Kérastase’s Keratin Thermique. This miracle product protects hair and makes it easier to style while combating frizz. The lightweight formula instantly smoothes the hair fiber to fight humidity and gives locks some light movement with a glazed-like finish.
3. Must-Have Quenching Mask: To aid in repairing already damaged strands, treat your locks to a deep conditioning masque such as Shu Uemura’s Moisture Velvet Masque. Made with Camellia Oil nourish hair fibers, this masque gives deep nutrition and helps maintain lipid balance of the hair fiber. It not only tames and hydrates strands but keeps them feeling touchably soft even after a long drying day at the beach!
4. Mind (and Mend) Your Ends: Sun, salt and styling all contribute to dry, split ends. Fight frayed fringe with Kérastase’s Fibre Architecte Serum – it seals the cuticle and fills in porous areas of hair for sleek and shiny strands. The serum targets hair erosion to fill in the hair fiber to create stronger strands from roots to tip.
5. Sun-Safe and Chic with Silk: When you find yourself without your go-to hair protecting products, a soft silk scarf can work wonders shielding your locks from the sun!