October 28, 2015
Kiss your ballerina bun good-bye and opt for the trendiest bun of them all – the half bun. Celebrities from Margot Robbie to Jennifer Lopez are rocking this new take on the classic messy bun for the ultimate cool-girl look. This effortless style works on mid-length to long hair and any texture. With so many different opportunities to rock this bun (think post-gym to night-on-the-town), you’ll never get bored of this edgy ’do.
Want to rock the half-bun yourself? We asked senior stylist Cameron Ryan to create this coveted look and give us the how-to on the achieving this go-to celeb style:
The Half Bun
1. Prep hair by spraying strands with Kérastase Powder Bluff for added grip and Kérastase Laque Dentelle for a flexible hold and to smooth flyaways.
2. Section hair on just the top of head starting by the temples.
3. Use a flat brush to comb the section back into a small ponytail at the top of the head using an elastic.
4. Gently twist and wrap the ponytail around the elastic to form a bun.
5. Secure bun with bobby pins.
6. Finish by spritzing with Kérastase Laque Dentelle for added hold.