December 1, 2014
With frigid dry air and chilly gusts of wind whipping around every corner, winter has got us wishing we could stay curled up by a festively decked fireplace ‘til spring. Lucky for you, this year we’re all about sharing our top tips, product picks and seasonal accessories that will keep you feeling warm and looking lovely all winter long! Straight from our winter-ready team of stylists, we’ve got the lowdown on taming your wild winter mane with our winter hat hair hacks!
1. Pick the perfect product.
In order to combat split ends and limp locks that result from the cold, dry climate, our stylists recommend stocking up on all the best serums and protective products! Keep your hair tame and moisturized with a good weekly conditioning masque and fight off static episodes with a smoothing serum such as Shu Uemura Essence Absolue.
2. Dry it well.
We know, nothing is better than a nice hot shower on a chilly morning, but it’s important not to walk out the door with wet hair! Not only will your wet locks make you even chillier, but extreme cold can actually freeze your strands and cause some serious damage and breakage to hair shaft and ends. Dry hair on low heat post-shower and make sure to apply a good thermal protector, like Kérastase’s Nutrituve Nectar Thermique, before picking up that blow dryer!
3. Wrap it up!
If your wool, cashmere or cotton hat’s giving you too much trouble, opt for a different look! There are plenty of ways to look chic while keeping your ears warm -try some adorable earmuffs, a cute wrap, or a knit headband! Our stylists are loving this luxurious leather hair wrap that keeps you looking cozy, coiffed, static free and totally on trend. With the help of Senior Stylist Graziella Lembo, we rocked this winning winter look so you can too!
Get the Look: Leather Hair Wrap
1. Part hair in the center, brush thoroughly and apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Texturizing Powder for texture.
2. Gather the hair at the nape of the neck, making sure that hair is over the ears. Secure into a ponytail at the nape of the neck.
3. Twist the ponytail into a low bun and secure with bobby pins.
4. Secure the wrap under the bun, leaving an inch or two of hair between the wrap and the forehead.
5. Spray with Kérastase Resistance Double Force hairspray for hold.
Tried our chic and cozy leather wrap style? We want to see! Tag a photo of your look (use the hashtag #SalonCapri) for a chance to be featured on our Social Feed!