Trend Alert: Perfect Pastels at SalonCapri!
Posted on April 07 2020
Winter is almost over and with some of our favorite vernal holidays right around the corner (Easter, St. Patrick’s Day!), it’s time to add a little spring to your step and some tint to your tresses! SalonCapri is obsessed with hair chalking, which graced the runway this year at Hervé Leger and Mara Hoffman. Not only did it appear at New York Fashion Week, but tons of celebs, like Kate Bosworth, January Jones and Rachel McAdams,are chalking their strands too! Hair chalking is the perfect way to temporarily update your tresses with a pop of color and make heads turn. Not only is it fun, hair chalk only lasts about 2-10 shampoos depending on your hair and the amount of color applied so there’s no long term commitment! One of our senior stylists, Caitlyn Young, created some fantastic looks in the salon featuring five fun bright shades like “Garden Party Green” and “First Date Violet.”
Want to get the look at home? We can help you with that too. Grab your favorite color at a SalonCapri location near you (colors retail at $24 each) and follow our easy step-by-step how-to for perfect at home results:
- First, begin with dry hair.
- Start by using the L'Oréal Professionnel Hairchalk and brush or rub pigment onto hair in one inch pieces. Try focusing the color onto the ends of hair for a gentle ombré
- Next, comb through your hair to evenly spread the pigment.
- Finally, blow-dry pigmented area on a low heat setting or run strands through a flat iron (also on a low setting) to set the color.
- To style, curl your hair using a two inch curling iron and set with Kerastase Resistance Double Force Hairspray.
- Brush out curls to create a loose wave or then braid hair, securing the end with an elastic. Use clear elastics to blend in with your hair and new colors!
- Using your fingers, gently pull at your braid to separate pieces so that the colors show through.
Did you try out hair chalk on your hair? We want to see! Tweet us a pic to @SalonCapri!